Aon Corporation Counsel, Commercial Transactions in Chicago, Illinois
Aon Is Looking For A Counsel for its Health Solutions Business
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Legal team in Chicago IL.
Your Impact As A*Counsel, Health Solutions*
Aon Risk Solutions, a business unit of Aon plc, is seeking candidates for the position of Senior Counsel to provide legal expertise to its health consulting and brokerage operations. The successful candidate will report to Associate General Counsel, U.S. Health and Benefits, and will have strong commercial legal experience to be able to provide expert legal counsel by:
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements with employer clients for benefits consulting, brokerage, actuarial, wellness and other health-related services
- Drafting and negotiating agreements with third parties who support services provided to Aon’s health and benefits consulting clients
- Analyzing legal terms and conditions in requests for proposals issued by clients
- Reviewing producer/agency agreements with insurers
- Advising brokers and consultants in the course of life, health and disability insurance placements to ensure compliance with state insurance laws
- J.D. from an accredited U.S. law school
- 2-5 years of strong contracting law experience in a law firm or in-house legal position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- High level of self-direction and sound judgment
- Ability to provide practical, timely solutions to business partners, and manage multiple projects Simultaneously
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visitAon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background checkconsistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2431651
Category: Legal & Compliance
Location: United States, IL, Chicago