Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
class="cssDspJobTitle">Call Center Representative, Registry - RIC Call Center
RIC is seeking a dynamic, professional outpatient services call center representative to work in the RIC Outpatient Services Center and to serve as the first point of contact for patients scheduling outpatient therapy and physician appointments throughout the RIC system of care. During the scheduling phone calls, the outpatient services call center representative will be responsible for the management of the pre-registration data within the Cerner system. In addition, the outpatient services call center representative will be responsible for triaging non-scheduling calls that come through the Center to the appropriate party.
The Call Center Representative will report to the RIC Call Center Manager and will adhere to all performance expectations set forth by the call center manager. Also, the call center representative will be expected to perform with the highest level of customer service and will be required to take the customer service training given to the RIC Outpatient Services Center staff.
The Call Center Representative must consistently demonstrates support of the RIC statement of Mission and Philosophy by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Call Center Representative must consistently demonstrate RIC Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and RIC Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
Inbound Customer/Patient Contact
* Answers all phone calls in a manner consistent with the RIC Customer Service standard.
* Evaluates patient/customer needs to determine appropriate site and provider of care, based on conversation with patient and insurance eligibility.
* Registers and schedules new patients for therapy and physician services at site of practice based on orders received, consult outcome, urgency of care, and patient convenience to time and location.
* Assists patients/customers with all issues regarding appointments, including but not limited to rescheduling, canceling, notification of late arrival, etc.
* Tracks patient cancellations, and works with management to analyze data and achieve cancellation rate goals.
* Assists patients requiring transportation services, including the ability to provide detailed directions to all sites of care.
* Assists patients with all other requests and questions, and direct patient to appropriate site/staff when applicable.
Outbound Call Center Representative Contact
* Conducts all phone calls in a manner consistent with the RIC Customer Service standard.
* Conducts appointment reminder calls to patients when designated by Call Center Manager.
* Contacts RIC sites to inform on issues regarding appointments, including but not limited to rescheduling, canceling, notification of late arrival, etc.
* Monitors scheduling work lists and contacts patient to schedule appointments when patient does not schedule at the site during the check out process.
* Maintains and monitors a centralized waiting list and contacts patients to schedule appointments from waiting list. Communicate with sites on status of patients on the wait list.
* Verifies insurance and services eligibility by obtaining the necessary information from the patient and needed by insurance companies. Manage insurance and services denied work lists on Cerner.
* Verifies authorizations for treatment from insurance companies and liaises with clinicians at various RIC sites when appropriate.
* Manages authorization status of the following payors: Medicare Secondary Payor, IDPA, and Workers Compensation.
* Conducts proactive appointment booking calls at the request of the Call Center Manager
DailyOutpatient Services CenterTasks
* Performs all tasks and treats all customers (external and internal) in a manner consistent the RIC Customer Service standard.
* Monitors prescription refill/test result requests coming directly to the Outpatient Services Center, and ensures completion of all requests.
* Maintains the Allied Health Database in consultation with the various sites.
* Researches referring physician information, including licensure, governmental eligibility, and contact information to maintain in a centralized database.
* Reports to the Call Center Director
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
* Associates Degree or Certificate in a Medical Administration Program
* One to three years experience in a health care field with a knowledge of health care systems.
* Working knowledge of medical terminology and insurance.
* Previous call center experience preferred.
* Previous experience with Cerner Millennium preferred.
* Proficiency in Microsoft applications: intermediate level skills in the use of Outlook, Word, and Excel.
* Application of a variety of moderately complex PC software and office equipment (multi-line phone, metrics board, etc.)
* Strong understanding of data entry and the ability to integrate multiple applications of hospital information systems.
* Active listening and attention to detail.
* Ability to engender trust with both customers and team members.
* Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and follow through.
* Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills.
* Ability to handle heavy call volume and stressful situations when quick action is required.
* Understanding of healthcare operations and the crucial role the call center plays for delivering world-class access.
* Strong customer service skills and experience that work well with the RIC Customer Service Standards.
* Effective verbal and writing communication skills in order to interview patients/customers to obtain pertinent medical and financial information
* Capability to identify, trouble shoot and resolve escalated customer problems including follow through to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Grade- 11
Chicago, Illinois, United States