Hilton Banquet Houseperson - Hilton Chicago in Chicago, Illinois
The Hilton Chicago is an upscale hotel with a grand lobby just 2 blocks from Lake Michigan and 2 miles from McCormick Place convention center, with 234,000 sq ft of meeting space.
Full Time schedules working 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. and/or overnight from 10:00 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.
Starting pay is $14.03 per hour with 22 days of PAID time off, and full benefits.
APPLY RIGHT NOW! (It only takes a couple of minutes, use your phone) and a Hilton recruiter will be in touch.
What will I be doing?
A Houseperson is responsible for supporting Food and Beverage operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while ensuring cleanliness of all areas and maintaining equipment. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Sets-up tables and chairs to meet the function specifications.Maintain cleanliness of banquet, meeting and conference areas to meet established cleanliness and quality standards.
- Cleaning includes, but not limited to, cleaning restrooms, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, shampooing carpets, cleaning/waxing floors, removing trash, stocking and maintaining supply rooms, reporting maintenance deficiencies for repair/replacement and cleaning and removing spots, insects and debris
- Ensure equipment is in full working order and report any defects
- Project a professional manner to guests and team members
- Assist back of house team when requested
- Able to lift and Push Banquet Equipment
- Assist with set ups to ensure department runs efficiently
- Manage the set up relating to Food and Beverage functions in a timely manner
- Lift/Pull/Push at least 50 pounds
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Attend training provided by the hotel
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Basic knowledge of Meeting Rooms Set up, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware
- Must posses strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in outdoor areas
- Be familiar with all events happening at the hotel
- Ability to perform under pressure effectively for extensive periods of time while maintaining professionalism
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Banquets and Catering
Title: Banquet Houseperson - Hilton Chicago
Requisition ID: HOT04D1T