Google Account Manager, Waze in Chicago, Illinois
Businesses that partner with Waze come in all shapes and sizes. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills contribute greatly to Waze's sales team. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide excellent client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Waze's key clients and understand how our product can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
At Waze, we leave all egos at the door and concentrate on the job at hand. We value passionate, down to earth, “can do” people who enjoy fine-tuning small details, without losing sight of the big picture. We are looking for the type of person who feels uncomfortable when a day goes by without achieving something impactful. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all else, this role requires someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in improving the way millions of people drive worldwide.
As an Account Manager, you'll partner with Account Executives to manage and cultivate relationships with clients. You're a focused, proactive self-starter, with the ability to use your demonstrated business-focus to help expand client relationships and to to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, you'll act as an advisor and consultant, as well as a client advocate within Google.
Waze's sales team is the link that connects drivers with businesses both big and small. With millions of drivers using Waze, you have access to a platform that can aid businesses in reaching thousands of potential local customers on their mobile devices. We are looking for individuals who are familiar with the world of advertising and who are self starters, team players and ready to be part of a dynamic environment.
- Prepare research-based presentations and proposals, building new approaches to our products and enhancing Google's reputation as a consultant and partner.
- Collaborate with Sales teams to identify business opportunities, based on quantitative and qualitative industry insights combined with Waze data.
- Use comprehensive knowledge of Waze products to align them with client marketing strategies and identify new business opportunities. Attend client meetings to support business presentations by understanding Waze, the client and market.
- Acquire and share knowledge of each industry/vertical (competitive landscape, products, consumer behavior trends, key business issues, etc.) in order to develop industry-wide recommendations on development opportunities.
- Generate and grow advertising business across our mobile product line, develop and cultivate deep relationships with agency executives and clients, and manage all aspects of advertising campaigns to ensure we meet performance and optimization requirements.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in an Account Management or Sales Planning role.
- Experience in an online sales, business-development and digital advertising sales/marketing environment.
- Experience in a similar position in the online advertising industry.
- Experience in Advertising Sales and Media Account Management.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Ability to think strategically and analyze the needs of clients.
- Effective project management, interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to drive and implement ideas in a changing environment.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.