Protective Life Insurance VP Operations in Bannockburn, Illinois
Vice President of Operations-APD
The Vice President of Operations position provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the business segment has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and systems in place to effectively grow the
organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
The VP is a key member of the management team, reporting to the Senior Vice President of Operations and Information Technology.
The role has direct oversight of operations managers in VSC and GAP claims, claims payments, Dealer set up, Processing, Customer Support & Bannockburn Contact Center Operations. The VP will provide overall general management to the business segment in collaboration
with segment Senior Vice President and Division executives.
• Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
• Provide day to day leadership and management that incorporates both the core values of Protective and supports business strategies.
• Supports the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, business goals and objectives.
• Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the business segment.
• Collaborates with management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and people to accommodate growth objectives of the organization.
• Provide mentoring to the management team; attract, recruit and retain key talent
• Proven experience as an Operations leader or relevant role
• Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Marketing, IT etc.
• Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
• Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
• Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
• Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
• BS/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MBA is a plus
• Strategic Thinking
• Results Driven
• Business Acumen
• Decision Making
• Financial Management